Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple going to fix iTunes Match

Why did the upgrade to 12.2 eliminate my already paid for subscription to iTunes match? I have not subscribed to Apple music. I just want iTunes Match at this point. I cannot authorize my computer (why it should need authorization again is beyond me - I've been a subscriber for years with the same computer). I do not even see an option to update iTunes Match anymore. What a mess. Amazon music looks better all of the time.

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 5:13 AM

I have this problem too, please leave feedback to Apple at:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

18 replies

Jul 10, 2015 8:45 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Jim - Thanks. I know all that already. Unfortunately it times out when I click on Update iCloud Music Library. In fact that option is generally not even visible. I have to go back through the whole process over and over only to time out. But thank you for the suggestion and perhaps this detailed step by step guide can help someone else because based on the posts I'm seeing this isn't an isolated problem.

Jul 10, 2015 4:02 PM in response to MavMan

I totally agree, I pay for 3 iMatch account, myself, husband and my 89.7 year old Mother, that lives in another state from me. I also pay for the extra iCloud 1TB. I have been paying for iMatch since it started and I am really pi..ed! I file a support issue 4 days ago and still no answer. I cannot believe that APPLE has done this. What crap, silly answers. I just want my iMatch BACK. Is there any answers to undo the iTunes 12.2 update. Everyone should have credit for this. I even have my iTunes Media Library backed-up to my portable external hard drive and it will not recognize it at all. APPLE look, this is your BAD OOPS!, Amazon yes and now thinking about going with Neil Young's PONO. I have Thousand of dollars of Music, AudioBooks, Movies and TV Series and there is now iMatch.

Jul 10, 2015 4:21 PM in response to rc_sportpilot

YEP! WHAT IS APPLE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS. I am not kidding overtime there is any updates, I totally freak, especially when they update OS. Always screws everything up. My issues, I out in a support claim 4 days ago, no call, no e-mail. SHAME! My issue I pay for 3 iMatch Account and 1 extra iCloud 1TB.

Nightmare, I have a MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPad 4, iPad2, iPod Touch 5th - and just purchased another for my Mother 89.7 years old. Anniversary gift for my husband iPad Mini, sister & brother-in-law: NEW MAC DESKTOP with all the bells and whistles, iPad4, iPad Mini, 3 Nephews all Macbook Pro's and iPhone 6. Mother-in-law: iPod Touch also and her iMatch. Forgot 3 APPLE TV products. Give me a break. They really need to check all updates prior to releasing.

NOT FUNNY!!

Jul 10, 2015 4:26 PM in response to MavMan

I encountered a similar problem in reverse today.

I have about 28,000 tracks in my iTunes Match account. When I log into iTunes, I am told that it is full and no more can be uploaded. Nothing wrong so far.

Over the past few days I have been downloading my iTunes Match songs to my new computer but this afternoon , despite saying I have a full iTunes Match account, my computer status bar is saying I only have 14400 songs.

I seem to have lost half my library!

When I try to play music on my iPhone or iPad, it appears that the whole library is still there. For example, on my computer, I have 1 Queen album that is incomplete. On my iPhone and iPad I can see all 23 Queen albums that are in the cloud.

Here's hoping that there is a simple solution and our music hasn't just disappeared. A comment from Apple would certainly help.

J

Is Apple going to fix iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.