Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging port damaged

I Have an iPod classic 6th generation 160 GB that has been repaired because the HD was corrupt and also the port wasn't working and you could see some of the little brass connectors were bent up. We had these replaced and after 6 months the port is damaged again And it won't charge. It seems a weak point in the design.

What I would like advice on is if we get a new iPod touch how can I transfer the contents on the old iPod to the new one bearing in mind that I have only got an iMac running 10.4.11 pre Intel.

Is it possible to send an iTunes file to the new iPod. We have a lot of music and books on the old one.

the the time has come to give up on the old, especially if it can't be charged any more.....I take it there is no way to fix once the pins are bent in the port.?

iMac G5 (20-inch iSight), Mac OS X (10.4.11), 1GB ram

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:22 PM

I've had a number of iPods and never managed to damage the dock.

You should have kept a local copy of all of your content so moving if from one iPod to another should never be necessary, There is some advice here - Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - but it presupposes you are able to connect to the old device that you want to recover the media from.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 12:22 PM in response to dog lover

I've had a number of iPods and never managed to damage the dock.

You should have kept a local copy of all of your content so moving if from one iPod to another should never be necessary, There is some advice here - Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - but it presupposes you are able to connect to the old device that you want to recover the media from.

tt2

Jul 8, 2015 5:32 AM in response to turingtest2

OK thanks, I actually have a backup of the whole of my iTunes on a portable hard disk.

I need to know if I purchase a new iPod touch (looks like my only option) This product has system requirements higher than my present computer (10.4.11) but I also have use of a laptop MacBook running 10.6.8 will my laptop be able to connect to my computer and talk to each other and copy over the iTunes content or do I need to use the hard disk portable to access this? I don't think either can iCloud?

i Can't really afford to update the computers and the iPod is a necessity for my husband as he is now disabled and listens to books and music this way. He is a little loathe to get a touch as he has a tremor in his hand But it seems the only way.

Charging port damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.