Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync deletes tracks from manually managed iPod touch

The iTunes sync function is deleting tracks from a manually managed iPod touch. This is occurring on iTunes 12.2 with a latest generation iOS 8.4 iPod touch.

I would rather not ever use sync, but it seems I must use it to update playback metadata on tracks. After using sync, I am seeing the dreaded issue where a significant number of tracks have a cannot find exclamation point icon next to them. The tracks are effectively deleted.

How can I stop this from ever occurring again? I have the following disabled in iTunes Preferences: Show Apple Music; Sync playback information across devices; Sync podcast subscriptions and settings; Automatically download album artwork; Keep iTunes Media folder organized; Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to Library. I have the following enabled: Disable: Apple Music Connect.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 3:30 PM

There are no replies.

Sync deletes tracks from manually managed iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.