Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the removal of homesharing for iTunes effect the ability of the remote app to control iTunes?

I am unable to connect to my Apple TV and my (Windows Desktop), though I can still connect to my MacBook Pro. I am attempting to connect with an iPhone 5S. All software on each device is up to date with the current version. Homesharing settings are all using the same ID. In the case of the windows machine I have ensured all relevant applications have firewall permissions. After restarting all devices in my house the "device" for my iTunes on teh Win machine will sometimes appear for about 5 minutes but then the remote is unable to reconnect. I have also disabled IPV6 and do not use a guest network on my router.

Phone is iOS 8.4

iTunes on Win 8.1 is 12.2.0.145

Apple TV is 2nd Gen

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 1:43 PM

There are no replies.

Does the removal of homesharing for iTunes effect the ability of the remote app to control iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.