Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get printer to connect wirelessly

I have been using the same printer, same computer, same wireless router for months with no issues, but it suddenly won't connect wirelessly. The printer shows a different ip address than the computer - not sure if that is the issue, and if it is, not sure how to change it. I am on OS X Yosemite, and my printer is HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z. I have tried reconnecting with the router by pressing the wps button on the router, and it does connect, but my computer says the printer is offline. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 2:22 PM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2015 3:18 PM in response to lojoro

Try a new driver.

Uninstall the printer. Open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners then select the Print tab.

Select the printer on the left then click - (minus) under t he Printers panel on the left.

Then download a new driver > HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Support

Then go back to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > Print then click + to add the printer.

Cannot get printer to connect wirelessly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.