Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S will not let me restore to a back up before iOS 8.4

I really, really dislike the new music app so I want to restore my iPhone to the way it was before I updated to iOS 8.4. I have a back up from April which would work fine, but once I restore before I can do anything my iPhone is requiring me to update to 8.4. I get a white screen with the words slide to upgrade. I DO NOT WANT TO UPGRADE.

Any suggestion how to bypass this irritating upgrade and go back to 8.3 or whatever I had before.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 1:13 PM

It's not possible to restore to a prior iOS verison.

7 replies

Jul 4, 2015 1:39 PM in response to Scott Ebright

I went into Settings>Music>Show Apple Music>OFF. From there, I open Music, go to My Music, and I can see my music. I can see my Playlists, but if you tap above your Artists list to the red word Artists and the small down arrow next to it, a menu appears and you can select songs. That will show you songs in alphabetical order. Once you start a song, you can see the icon for shuffle, however I'm not sure if it will shuffle your entire song library, or if it is the album that song comes from. I don't have time to test that while I'm typing to you.

As far as promotion, I used my Music app yesterday for quite some time and never observed any promotion/suggestion to sign up for service. You can try te settings I've described and see what happens.

Okay, I set Shuffle, and the first song ended after I posted, and then the second song that started was from another artist and another album, so I hope that answers your question.

Jul 4, 2015 1:39 PM in response to Scott Ebright

Scott Ebright wrote:

I do that and I am limited to playlists or album.

Tap on the My Music icon at the bottom of the scree. Tap Library. Then, notice that, next to the word "Albums", there is a little down arrow. Tap "Albums". You then get a dropdown list that will allow you to select Songs, Genres, etc.

Once that song, is playing, you should see the shuffle icon at the bottom of the screen.

Edit: Chris got there first. But, yes, Shuffle does seem to shuffle the entire library (that's what took me so long!).

iPhone 5S will not let me restore to a back up before iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.