Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synching Contacts between my iPhone and Desktop duplicates records

Synching contacts listed undere I Cloud between my iPad and PC using Outlook keeps on merging records on my iPad or iPhone. How can I move my Outlook contacts and my favorites in IE to Safari or my Contacts in iPad or iPhone without continually merging and duplicating them?

iPhone 4S, Windows 7, ios 7 on the iphone

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 4:15 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 2:11 PM in response to abradax

Hey there, abradax -

If you are seeing duplicate contacts when using iCloud and Outlook on your iPad and PC, take a look at the resource below for steps to resolve the issue. I've highlighted the key information here for you. Click on the article for complete details.

If you see duplicate contacts after setting up iCloud Contacts - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203565

Check your settings in iTunes and iCloud

• iOS: Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device. If the Contacts checkbox is selected, then iCloud is set to keep contacts up to date.
  • Windows: Open iCloud for Windows (or iCloud Control Panel). If the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks" checkbox is selected, then iCloud is set to keep contacts up to date.

If iTunes and iCloud are both set to keep contacts up to date, consider disabling contact syncing in iTunes. Then, only iCloud will update your contacts.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB cable.
  2. Locate your device in iTunes, then select the Info tab.
  3. Deselect Sync Address Book Contacts or Sync Contacts.

If you want to continue using iTunes to update your contacts, disable iCloud Contacts:

Windows

If you want to use iTunes to update your contacts on your PC, you must disable automatic updates between Outlook and iCloud. In iCloud for Windows (or iCloud Control Panel), you can't disable only one service. Disabling contact updates will also disable mail, calendar, and reminders updates with Outlook.

1. Open iCloud for Windows (or iCloud Control Panel).
  2. Deselect “Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks,” then click Apply.

Use Outlook 2007 or later

If you're using Microsoft Outlook and have duplicates contacts, see these Microsoft articles for help:

Last Modified:

Regards,

- Judy

Take care,

- Judy

Synching Contacts between my iPhone and Desktop duplicates records

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.