Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod fith generation will turn on but after that i can't swipe the screen to the side to put in my pass code and i can't turn it of unless i reset it by holding down the power button and home button so i really need help Thx

my iPod fifth generation will turn on but after that i can't swipe the screen to the side to put in my pass code and i can't turn it of unless i reset it by holding down the power button and home button so i really need help because i have no idea what to do because i don't have enough money to get a new one. Thx

iPod touch, iOS 8.2, it might be ios 8.3

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 1:42 PM

16 replies

Jul 4, 2015 1:44 PM in response to dan J T 2

dan J T 2 wrote:

my iPod fifth generation will turn on but after that i can't swipe the screen to the side to put in my pass code and i can't turn it of unless i reset it by holding down the power button and home button so i really need help because i have no idea what to do because i don't have enough money to get a new one. Thx

Why can't you swipe the screen? What happens when you try? You need to describe what happens when you try something instead of just what won't happen. I'm sorry you may not have money, but that is not relevant to the problem.

Jul 4, 2015 1:54 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

i now i yes i was just putting the money thing up because i have done stuff like this before and people were annoying and kept saying throw it away and get a new one so i did not want to have to deal with it and as for the what the screen does when i try to swipe the screen it is just unresponsive i do not know why it is unresponsive i dont know what else to say i hope that clears things up

Jul 4, 2015 1:54 PM in response to dan J T 2

When you say that the device will turn on, you can see something on the screen, but the screen just will not respond? If that is the case, then the support document that you linked to the forum is what you need to do. If the normal user troubleshooting steps, restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new, do not fix the device, then your only alternative is Apple Care. You would need to make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple store to have the device examined. That is free, however you may find that something is wrong with the device that may need repair.

Jul 4, 2015 1:59 PM in response to dan J T 2

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Jul 4, 2015 2:03 PM in response to dan J T 2

You do not need to get into the device to do a reset, nor a restore. You connect the device to the computer and perform the restore. The instructions for all are here.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Jul 4, 2015 2:43 PM in response to lllaass

ok let me explain i do not have a mac i only have my i pod 4th and 5th i do not know how to do all this crap all i need to know is from when chrisJ4203 yes i get that i may have looked over the last link thinking that it was like what others had told me but what i need to know is on that last link i do not know how to get to where i can do that and dont get mad dude i am just 13 but basicly 14 since it is less than a week to my birth day so u know what i think that u need to have a little more patience ok?

Jul 4, 2015 2:47 PM in response to dan J T 2

I'm not sure if you are responding to me or to Illaass. If you do not have a computer, you will have a hard time doing anything else. You may have to borrow one, but where is your iTunes library at? You can do anything listed in the links that I provided on a Windows computer as well. Just ensure you have the latest version of iTunes installed. If you are asking me to have patience, I have it, or I wouldn't be here.

my ipod fith generation will turn on but after that i can't swipe the screen to the side to put in my pass code and i can't turn it of unless i reset it by holding down the power button and home button so i really need help Thx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.