Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can prohibit to some adult use the Family Sharing payment method?

My grandma adds my cousin to the Family for allow he to use Apple Music, but she have a problem, he is an adult, and he can use the payment method, how she can prohibit he to use the debit card?

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 4:09 PM

2 replies

Jul 6, 2015 2:05 PM in response to Apple 4r1

Hi Apple 4r1,

If your Grandmother does not want your cousin to use her credit card for purchases, she would need to remove him from the Family Plan. Here's how:

OS X Yosemite: Manage the family you organized
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18978?locale=en_US

Remove family members

To stop a family member from using the shared credit card or other shared resources, the family organizer can remove that person from the family. A person can leave or be removed from a family once in a 365-day period and still be eligible to join another family.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.

2. Click Manage Family, select the family member on the left, then click the Remove button User uploaded file.

The person you remove from the family keeps purchases paid for using the shared credit card, but immediately loses access to other things the family shares.

• Other family members’ items no longer appear in the Purchased section of the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store.

• DRM-protected music, movies, TV shows, books, and apps the family member previously downloaded are no longer usable if someone else originally purchased them. Other family members can no longer use DRM-protected content downloaded from the former member’s collection.

• In-app purchases become unavailable if the family member bought them using an app someone else originally purchased. The family member can regain access to the in-app purchases by purchasing the app.

• The family members’ photos album, calendar, and reminder list are removed from the family member’s devices.

• Family members’ device locations don’t appear when the family member uses Find My iPhone on iCloud.com or on his or her iOS devices.

Regards,

- Judy

I can prohibit to some adult use the Family Sharing payment method?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.