Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone 5C not keeping time...

Hi there,

Here goes nothing...

My phone is not even fully two years old yet, it is a 16G iPhone 5C and like my agreement with Rogers isn't up until October 2015 which is the month I got it in nearly 2 years ago. (I didn't purchase the apple care or anything of that sort at the time knowing I am very careful with my phone aside from the few drops its had in the case I've never had it act up on me like it just started to this morning!) I realized that it was an hour behind, then that it was about to do the new iOS 8.4 update. Thought by letting it do its update that it would fix the problem but it didn't. All day the time on my phone has been fluctuating! WHY? I have no clue...

I checked the time zone, (Toronto) its always been "set automatically" and I even tried to change it manually which didn't help so I changed it back hoping it would just fix itself especially thinking maybe it was a bug or glitch or something needing to be fixed and it would be after the new update but of course it didn't change anything but my Music library so I've noticed. Since the update its very laggy so when I am going into General, Date & Time, sometimes it works no problem, other times it lags and takes a bit before it'll go to the next menu. The date is the correct date just the time is a little out of whack & I don't know how to fix it? From what I've read it says it could be an internal antenna being broken but like that doesn't make sense? How could it work perfectly one day then the next be like okay I'm just not gonna work now?

I tried to contact Apple and unless I PAY I cannot ask them for help, or speak with a representative so it pretty much tells me to go bring it for servicing & go from there otherwise I need to pay... but there's gotta be something I can do without bringing it in like a trick to it or something right? I mean I've never had anything else wrong with it and why out of nowhere would it start being stupid like this now? Should there not be like a manufacturers warranty I should still be covered under?

Anyways, highly annoyed that Apple is pretty much telling me I need to pay to simply ask for help for why their product just crapped out on me when its not even fully 2 years old yet and to top it off we pay an arm and a leg both to pay for the phone and to keep it monthly like just such a sham... I love my iPhone but this is ridiculous. Please tell me someone has a solution. 😟

Thanks,

Felicia

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4, 16G memory

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 2:33 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 1:09 PM in response to feliciaardin

Hello feliciaardin,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like the time zone is not correct on the iPhone. The time is incorrect automatic and manual. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

iOS: Troubleshooting issues with date and time - Apple Support

If the incorrect date, time, or time zone is being set up automatically on the device, please notify your cellular provider.

Date and time - iPhone

If you set iPhone to update the time automatically, it gets the correct time over the cellular network and updates it for the time zone you’re in.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Why is my iPhone 5C not keeping time...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.