Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually manage music does not appear and I can't pick music to sync to iPhone

I have synced my iPhone to my computer before but now after updating both iTunes & iPhone to latest iOS I have "Manually manage videos" on the device settings screen but not music. When I select music I only get an option to sync voice memos and not music. Anyone know how I can get music back so I can sync my iTunes with my iPhone??

Thank you!!

Mine, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 1:36 PM

Hello, CODave.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to sync your iTunes Music to your iPhone. Are you possibly an iTunes Match or Apple Music Subscriber? If you are, this is normal behavior as these services will bypass the manual syncing process and allow you access to your music library over-the-air. Here is some information regarding these features.

About Apple Music

Add music from the Apple Music catalog to your library

Add music from your own collection to your Apple Music library

-Jason H.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2015 1:36 PM in response to CODave

Hello, CODave.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to sync your iTunes Music to your iPhone. Are you possibly an iTunes Match or Apple Music Subscriber? If you are, this is normal behavior as these services will bypass the manual syncing process and allow you access to your music library over-the-air. Here is some information regarding these features.

About Apple Music

Add music from the Apple Music catalog to your library

Add music from your own collection to your Apple Music library

-Jason H.

Manually manage music does not appear and I can't pick music to sync to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.