Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi there folks, HD swap question? can i swap my500 GB HD from my mac,mini late 2012 to my macbook pro mid 2010 13"? it has yosemite on it would i have to do a reinstall of ox from disks and wipe drive firs or what? Any ideas

Hi there folks, HD swap question? can i swap my500 GB HD from my mac,mini late 2012 to my macbook pro mid 2010 13"? it has yosemite on it would i have to do a reinstall of ox from disks and wipe drive firs or what? Any ideas

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Super drive, dvd prob

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 3:21 PM

Yes, you can use the HD on the other Mac.

5 replies

Jul 5, 2015 4:48 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks again mate.

I got another question for you if its ok.

can I use a 2TB 2.5 inch Laptop Solid State Hybrid Drive in mac mini late 2012, I have plenty of ram, its just I was going to 1TB, but f 2TB will work, then I would go will go with that saves buying again, I am not too sure about these hybrids yet, some people say do it separate, but f it works then saves the job.

Regards

G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.