Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks App Not in iCloud Backup List

I've just noticed that on both my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2 if I go to Settings/iCloud/Storage/Manage Storage/BACKUPS/<this device>/BACKUP OPTIONS, where it lists all the apps and how much storage they occupy in iCloud backups (and allows you to switch individual app backups on or off), the iBooks app is not listed at all. Is this expected behaviour?

My iBooks app has several GB of books stored in it, it is one of the top storage users on both my iPad and iPhone. Most are non-DRM epubs amd PDFs I sideloaded via iTunes.I know that sideloaded epub books and PDFs in iBooks do get backed up to iCloud, but why is the iBooks app not listed, why no option to include/exclude it from iCloud backups like every other iOS app?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4, 128GB, WiFi

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 4:10 PM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2015 12:29 PM in response to David Shanahan

Unfortunately I don't have a solution, but I just came across your post and wanted to tell you that I have the exact same problem and I can't find a solution. Also, because of this my whole iBooks content must be being backed up to iCloud because the huge backup is about that size, but like you I have no option to enable/disable iBooks backup. This has happened on 2 of my devices and on at least one of them after syncing with iTunes, which was probably a mistake because however much I love Apple products, backing up or syncing iOS devices to iTunes is very often a disaster and is certainly their weakest link.

iBooks App Not in iCloud Backup List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.