Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help troubleshooting MacBook Pro

My mbp has been doing a few frustrating things this week.

1. The Chrome app I was using started showing the Aw Snap error on every page I visited. It eventually would crash.

2. I switched to Firefox and it also crashed soon after use.

3. I tried Safari and haven't experienced a similar crash.

4. My computer has been indexing itself repeatedly.

5. Eventually the computer shows the shaded screen that cascades from the top and displays error "You need to shut down your computer."

I have physically switched hard drives and I am experiencing the same issues. Any idea how to resolve this situation?

2010 MBP

2.26 Intel Core 2 Duo

8 gb 1067 DDR3

osx 10.6.8

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 5:42 PM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2015 8:29 AM in response to Kappy

Ack! I see the confusion. I did indeed provide the wrong information in my original post. My MBP is mid-2009.

I have since tried running my computer in the same situations with one DIMM at a time. With one DIMMs in particular removed, the problems I noted in my OP have not recurred. It's possible that DIMM is bad.

Not sure if this is related or just a perfect storm of hardware failure, but, it also appears that one of my HDDs has failed. 😝

Anyhow, consider this thread closed--hopefully.

Need help troubleshooting MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.