Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to take in my macbook air of less than one year to repair. Do I have to visit an apple store if I want it to take it in for free?

I bought my Macbook 4-5 months ago and recently the fan is making a lot of noise and doesn't stop spinning. I want to take it in to get it fixed as I should still have coverage. Does this coverage only apply to apple stores? When I try selecting a location to get my mac fixed, I see other computer shops listed as well. Can I go to them for free? Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 5:43 PM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2015 6:35 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy -- this is not an area I have any knowledge about except that I have had my MacBook Air repaired (screen replacement) for free under warranty by taking it to an Apple Authorized Reseller. It may be that is because I also purchased it there -- not sure if that is a requirement and also not sure where the original poster purchased from.

I want to take in my macbook air of less than one year to repair. Do I have to visit an apple store if I want it to take it in for free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.