Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I eliminate loud noise before commercials while listening a radio station.

Every time HomeMart or Discovery commercials are included I hear a very loud and disturbing noise, like when you unplug a speaker from a playing device. Is it an issue on iTunes Radio or is something on my Mac?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), iPhoto 9.5.1

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 5:04 PM

9 replies

Jul 7, 2015 9:36 AM in response to HectorDF

There are concerns in the support forums about blowing speakers. I'm worried about blowing my hearing! I use headphones all the time and any more of this will damage my hearing - I'm afraid to enjoy Radio now. You guys have to fix this! I know I'm not the only person at work with headphones and the noise is much much louder than the volume setting plays the music.

Jul 9, 2015 8:24 PM in response to HectorDF

I'm experiencing this exact same harsh, painfully loud glitchy sound that happens randomly yet frequently between ads and songs. It's maybe once every 8-10 transitions between songs/commercials. The OP was right on; it sounds like someone yanking the audio cable out of an amp with the power still on.

Besides the fact I look like a total spaz when it makes me jump and flinch violently at my desk, it really, really freaking hurts if you happen to be wearing headphones! I listen to music at a low enough volume and with open-style headphones so I can hear a bit of the outside world if I need to, but this sound is insanely loud even at a low volume.

My temporary solution is just to slide my headphones off my ears during commercial breaks. Not only do I avoid the random, ear-stabbingly loud glitchy sound, but if I listen to one more febreze commercial I might actually go totally mental.

Jul 24, 2015 10:53 AM in response to HectorDF

I too am having the same issue. The transition between the music and a commercial creates a LOUD static noise, which REALLY, REALLY hurts my ears when listening with headphones at my desk. Please fix this problem Apple as I enjoy listening to iTunes Radio. In the meantime, will have to go back to listening to my own music, until this painful transition between the commercials and the music can be fixed.

Yosemite 10.10.4 (14E46), Itunes 12.2.0.145

How do I eliminate loud noise before commercials while listening a radio station.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.