Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have changed my apple id by changing the registred email ..my phone didnt change the apple id yet and each time i want toupdate any application it ask me to put the pw of the old id, how can i solve this problem ??

i have changed my apple id to another emai through apple website l, my phone is still asking me to put the password of the old one , please help me

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 4:33 PM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2015 4:36 PM in response to kera_sh

Change the Apple ID back to the old email, then sign out of iTunes and App Store, iMessage, FaceTime, and iCloud on the phone. Change it back to the desired email, then sign back in on the phone.

The only other alternative would be to reset the device to factory settings, but that could create more problems if the device activation locks.

i have changed my apple id by changing the registred email ..my phone didnt change the apple id yet and each time i want toupdate any application it ask me to put the pw of the old id, how can i solve this problem ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.