Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.4 screen rotation not working solution !

Fellow Forum contributor SergZak somehow came up with a workaround solution to the problem of the non- rotating screen following the IOS 8.4 update. Turn off reduce motion. It's on page 4 of the link below, also a screenshot. Well done SergZak!!

iOS 8.4 screen rotation not working

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2015 3:29 PM

Qhick fix but only temporary.

When you wake up your iPad if it's not rotating press the off button then and wake it up again.

Seems to be a wake up problem on non covered iPads. My iPad has a cover that wakes up and sleeps on its own.

My wife's naked iPad has the rotation problem.

Another problem I've just noticed after double pressing the space bar the self autocapitalisation seems to give you a double capital letter!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2015 3:29 PM in response to bobseufert

When you wake up your iPad if it's not rotating press the off button then and wake it up again.

Seems to be a wake up problem on non covered iPads. My iPad has a cover that wakes up and sleeps on its own.

Another problem I've just noticed after double pressing the space bar the self autocapitalisation seems to give you a double capital letter!

Mar 27, 2016 2:02 PM in response to Extreme Fencer

Thanks for the added info. Did you try turning off reduce motion in accessibility ?

If you mean the double caps in the Forum they have been a on going glitch in the Forum since the last major changeover..

You can use the Brightkey keyboard ti eliminate them. It gives you the added bonus of being able to move the cursor by slidibg your finger on the space bar.

Brightkey Keyboard - Designer Themes + PANTONE by Brightkey Limited

https://appsto.re/us/zHfx2.i

User uploaded file

Jul 11, 2015 4:13 PM in response to Extreme Fencer

Extreme Fencer wrote:

iOS 8.4 iPad Air 2 rotational & wake delay issue work-arounds

The double caps you're seeing is likely the (long-standing) issue with the forum software used here at the Apple Support Communities. If this is the only place you're seeing it, it's the forum software glitch when used with an iPad.

IOS 8.4 screen rotation not working solution !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.