Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphoto photos are all gone. I need help please!!!

So months ago when I was uploading some pictures to iphoto, a box popped up (I don't remember exactly what it said) but I accidentally clicked yes/agree and it deleted my old iphoto and created another called iphoto.2. Now all the photo's that were in my original iphoto are all gone! I checked the trash, all my files, pretty much everywhere and I can't find them.

I tried repairing and rebuilding the database, but no luck. Something pops up saying "unreadable files.... The following file could not be imported. The file is an unrecognized format."

This is the name of the file:

/Users/my name/Desktop/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/.LSOverride

Is that file all of my old photos? Is there a way to get all my photo's back somehow?

All the photo's I lost are pretty much from 2014 and when I go into iphoto, on the side under albums, I see a folder called 2014 with many folders under it that are empty...

I found something called "albumdata.xml" while going through all the files on my laptop and when I click on it, it's just a whole bunch of text which I can tell has something to do with the photos I lost.

I hope someone can understand what I'm talking about and help me out! Thanks!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 6:42 PM

3 replies

My iphoto photos are all gone. I need help please!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.