Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Little red circles with numbers on icons

Since resetting the settings on iPad, I don't receive those (in the upper right of icons) anymore to tell me I have mail, podcast episodes, reminders, nothing. I didn't even know about the new iOS software update until I read about it on here. How do. I get them back? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 7:34 PM

5 replies

Jul 4, 2015 8:04 PM in response to pcasey322

When you reset all settings, that takes the iPad settings back to factory defaults. Try going to Settings>Notifications>Mail>Allow Notifications>On. Then go to Your Email account>Badge App Icon>On. Adjust all of the other things that you want to use with regard to sounds, banners, etc. while you are in there.

Do the same thing for all of the apps that you want to use notifications for,

Jul 5, 2015 6:04 PM in response to Kaine322

You could try repeating the process and by that I mean reset the settings agin. I have reset settings several times and never had this happen. One other thing that you can try is simply force restartI got the iPad, that can work wonders at times. Hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time u tilt the Apple logo appears on the screen, you won't lose any data.

I am also a 61 year old man and I still use the word "hottie". 😁 I would not hesitate to make an appointment at an Apple Store if you cannot fix this on your own. My limited experiences with the Apple Store employees has been quite good and I have no reason to expect why it would be any different for you.

Little red circles with numbers on icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.