Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign out of iCloud

I have been trying for about an hour to sign out of iCloud and I am always prompted with this message: "Cannot Turn Off Find My iPhone. There was a problem deregistering this iPhone with iCloud. Try turning Find My iPhone off again". I try turning off Find my iPhone, but it fails to turn off and still prompts me with the same message. I have tried everything I can, and still I have had no success, including hard resetting my device, going to the iCloud website, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 5:42 PM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2015 8:25 PM in response to Prisonedalien

Edit: My initial issue was that Find my iPhone would say my device is offline, even though it is connected to the internet. So I decided to try to turn off the Find my iPhone feature, then turn it back on. This is when I noticed this annoying error message along with me having to input my password for iCloud about every 10 minutes or so. I logged out of my iCloud once by pressing the home button before the error message popped up. I thought by logging out, it would fix this, but instead the issue persisted. I even logged into a friend's iCloud and the same issue arose of being locked into the account. I also went onto the Apple forums and apparently this has been a known issue for atleast 2 years. Surely there is some fix to this issue... This didn't happen until I updated from iOS 7.1.2 to iOS 8.3. This is clearly some software issue on Apple's part. If anyone has any information regarding my issue, please help a fellow Apple User out.

Can't sign out of iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.