Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5s won't charge? It is currently dead and plugged in, but it will not get past the red low battery screen. It won't turn on.

I tried different chargers and cleaning the charger hole.

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:29 PM

3 replies

Jul 5, 2015 10:48 AM in response to bauersarah

If you haven't used the device in a long time, and the battery is just completely dead, usually it won't light up the display. How long have you left it in its charger? I assume you haven't left it on for very long. If you haven't and you were just expecting the display to light up, give it a few minutes to charge, and eventually your device will boot up. If this isn't the case, you battery might be completely dead. The chargers you're using, are they all official, third party, or a mix of both?

Jul 5, 2015 12:06 PM in response to bauersarah

Hello,

I have an Iphone 5s. I recently updated the iOS8. The next day, I allowed my iphone to charge with the car charger. Coming back to my phone, it completely shut down on me. My phone battery was at 50% and it shut down on me. I tried charging it overnight while I was asleep. Then I woke up and it still pitch black. Nothing works! I did tried everything that I saw on how turning on your phone and it still didn't work. Please help me. This phone is a year now.

My iPhone 5s won't charge? It is currently dead and plugged in, but it will not get past the red low battery screen. It won't turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.