Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with set-up of google account in mail app. with Yosemite

Have been trying to set up my google.mail account on my apple mail application. I get the sign up box, fill in the info then a box appears asking for approval for action re google account, when then pressing ACCEPT, Mail goes into freese-up.

Mosr grateful for help.

MacBook Air + iPhone, iOS 4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 7:21 PM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2015 7:47 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you Eric,

had gone through all the instructins in the background posted by you. Theoretically, according to Google notes, with System 10.3.3. I shoild not need two step verification.

Doing sign-in of google account with no 2-step verification, i received an empty window with an endlessly rotating circle. and then an advice (in the Force Quit procedure) of MAIL not responding.

Doing the circuit via two step verificaction, I went though all the steps outlined in the Google instructions (see windows) and finally got a window where I was asked to mark which functions the mail application should manage, of which I selected some (incl. mail). But finally, after pressing "accept", the mail app. went into freeze again. Any other ideas ?

Many thanks in advance.

Problems with set-up of google account in mail app. with Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.