Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks synch keeps removing all books

Hi,

I have over 1200 ebooks that I like to store on my iPad. There's been a few times in which I wanted to add just a few more books to my collection, only to have iTunes remove them all during the synch process. I always have to re-synch them all, which takes over and hour. I see that iTunes has a "manual" manage option, but it's just for music and videos, not books. Is there a way that I can set everything so that when I add one book to my iPad, I don't end up having to re-synch my entire library?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 7:32 PM

2 replies

Jul 19, 2015 10:17 AM in response to FR_apple

This is a longstanding bug in iTunes, that as far as I can tell, Apple is not responding to. This may be because many people are not aware they have this problem.

iTunes deletes iBooks from both my iPhone and iPad upon sync. It is an extremely burdensome issue. Selecting "sync all books" constantly reverts back to "sync" selected books in iTunes... and there is no way to prevent this. This results in the books being deleted from the device and then recopied. I have about 1565 books and it happens every time.

I have reset my devices and it still occurs.

iBooks synch keeps removing all books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.