Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.4 How to delete photos on iphone but keep them on my mac

I have an Imac. I have an Iphone (IOS 8.4). I want to delete my photos on my phone to give me more space, but keep them on my Imac. I would like to know what settings I need to put my PHOTOS app on my Iphone. Do I keep the "My Photo Stream" tab on in the Iphone settings? And if so, what program is best for me to transfer my pictures to my Imac (image capture or Itunes)? I do not want to use ICLOUD (it would cost me a fortune to keep all my stuff on the cloud). Can anyone help me?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2015 11:01 AM

I use Image capture to back them up on an external hard drive.

I found a work around to delete multiple photos then (since image capture doesn't let you anymore), using the google photos app. In it, you can select multiple photos, and then click on the 3 vertical dots top right, and click, "delete device copies." IOS will ask you if you want to allow google photos to do that, and you hit allow. Then go in and "delete all" out of recently deleted. I am doing it it batches of 500, but more may work, I don't know.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2015 11:01 AM in response to acemilion2006

I use Image capture to back them up on an external hard drive.

I found a work around to delete multiple photos then (since image capture doesn't let you anymore), using the google photos app. In it, you can select multiple photos, and then click on the 3 vertical dots top right, and click, "delete device copies." IOS will ask you if you want to allow google photos to do that, and you hit allow. Then go in and "delete all" out of recently deleted. I am doing it it batches of 500, but more may work, I don't know.

IOS 8.4 How to delete photos on iphone but keep them on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.