Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6+ Screen Flicker/Glitch

I just got my iPhone6+ replaced from the apple store a week ago, when I got it it was literally days before iOS 8.4 came out, so when 8.4 came out and I backed up my phone and updated to 8.4, since then, the top part of the screen from the status bar to the time on the lock screen, will glitch out and flicker a white/gray bar and when it happens, the touchscreen is unresponsive. When it happens I reset the phone using the lock button and the home button, and once in a while it will be ok, other times i just have to wait until it will respond. I noticed the other day that when it happened the other day, i gently threw it on my bad (it's in a Pelican case) and it the glitching disappeared. Since then it's happened once or twice that it glitches and unresponsive, and when it does it i just tap the back of the phone and it works fine. I'm debating if i should take it to the store to get it checked out, don't want to waste my time by going there and then they'll just tell me, "well theres no problem right now, so we can't do anything" .

Any comments or suggestions?

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:47 PM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2015 9:59 PM in response to KDawg28

I noticed something similar on mine. Last Saturday I had these lines show up on my display almost exactly along the speakers on the bottom. No water exposure or anything, but I cleaned the speakers out like crazy. They would go away, but every time they go away, that half of the screen is unresponsive. I haven't gotten around to checking out a Genius Bar to see if they know anything, but I'm hoping it's something someone else has seen and has a home fix.

iPhone 6+ Screen Flicker/Glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.