Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

random vertical lines on display... maybe corrupt file, but where is it?

Bound to have some corrupted file that has just started to have evenly spaced vertical lines appear on my display... maybe its some .plist file or other, but which one/name could this file have... I think once I trash the file and reboot, I hope these lines will go away... does anyone out there know the name or directory to find such file?

Mac OS X (10.4.1)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:00 PM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 7:16 AM in response to Johnny Wells

Vertical lines are almost always a hardware issue and a symptom of a defective display. Please confirm which PowerBook model you have; some have known display issues. If your serial number starts with "W8" there is a strong possibility you are among many users whose computers were fitted with a bad display at the factory.

If you still think it is a software issue, try a safe boot (hold SHIFT key down during boot under you get a usable desktop or a message that you are in safe mode).

random vertical lines on display... maybe corrupt file, but where is it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.