Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't transfer music because iTunes match is enabled, I don't have iTunes Match

I was trying to transfer music onto my iPhone 5s running iOS 8.4 and it would not let be because "Some of the files were not copied to the iPhone “1337phone” because iTunes Match is enabled on this iPhone."

I have never had iTunes Match, nor is it enabled on either my phone or computer. Last week I had no problem loading music, now it won't let me!

How come?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 11:01 PM

7 replies

Jul 6, 2015 12:35 AM in response to calebjlamb

Have the same problem.

Need help here. Apple Music is in the brink of messing up my library of 40K+ of songs.

Over the weekend, on my iPhone 6+, i updated to Apple Music. Chose the Merge option since replace sounds too absolute. Apple Music integrated wonderfully with my existing songs and playlists.

When i got home Sunday, I tried to add songs and revise my playlists on my iMac. Now i do not have internet connection except on my mobile thus my iTunes on my iMac is not up to date. iTunes didn't allow me to add songs to my device with the prompt, "cannot add because this device it using iTunes Match". I did not subscribe to match but i understand that it came with Apple Music. With that i decided i didn't need Apple Music nor iCloud Music Library. I turned them off on my device. My whole previous library on my device got deleted.

Now I thought it must be an upgrade issue. I decided to back up some songs and playlists on an external hard disk which i plan to load on my phone using my Macbook Pro. I went to work using my Macbook Pro. At work i have pretty decent internet connection. On my Macbook Pro, i urged my iTunes to the latest available. Still I can't load my playlists on my iPhone using the latest version of iTunes. Upon loading my playlists, no songs were included therein. How do fix this problem?

Jul 11, 2015 5:21 PM in response to calebjlamb

ℹ I had this exact problem, but finally managed to get music on my iPhone by signing out of my iTunes account on both the Mac and on my iPhone.

It then let me copy music across without the iTunes Match error message.

Then when I signed into iTunes again on my phone, it seems to have fixed it and will continue to let me drag music across.

Hope that helps you all!

🙂

Can't transfer music because iTunes match is enabled, I don't have iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.