Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive files not downloading

Hi All - I recently bought a new MacBook so that I could work on all my documents remotely. I have around 9GB of files stored on iCloud Drive from my other iMac.

The problem is that on the new MacBook underneath each file, there is a grey message saying 'Not Downloaded'. I also can't seem to open any of the files stored in iCloud Drive.

Please help! I don't want to have to revert to DropBox as I like Apple, but I may be forced to. At least they give you a nice green tick next to the files once they are synced across all devices.

If anyone can explain how I can force the download to start or how I can open files, it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:58 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2015 12:32 AM in response to simon.brown81

I am having the exact same problem.

I have also turned off iCloud drive. - Delete the Cache. Rebooted and set iCloud drive back up. I see all the folders and all the files however the only ones that have downloaded are those for Pages, or Numbers. Nothing that i created myself is downloading. It is very frustrating as I cancelled my Drop Box account and moved completely to iCloud drive.

iCloud Drive files not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.