Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to open a MIME format email

How do I open an email in MIME format

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:16 PM

What do you want to do that you cannot do?

All email is composed of a series of mime attachments. The familiar email you see is really a mime file. An email client decomposes the email data stream and presents the data to you.

So, what mime are you receiving that your email client doesn't handle?

Robert

5 replies

Jul 7, 2015 1:19 AM in response to rccharles

Hi Charles, most of my emails open okay and I can read the content, but some emails appear in an MIME format that I cannot read. Doesn't happen all the time but unable to read when it happens. I have just noticed that if I just read the email without opening it it is okay, but when I double-click to open the email that is when I am presented with the gibberish of the MIME format.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Tony

Jul 7, 2015 7:05 AM in response to tonyfromeast doncaster

Are you getting the infamous microsoft windat file?

It may be a problem with your email client. What do you see when you look at the email in a web browser, if possible? Try another email client like thunderbird.

Call isp and complain. See if they know of the problem. Will pin down where things are going amiss.

Ask isp if there is a setting to turn of email filtering on server.

How to open a MIME format email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.