Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot play Apple Music songs from my Mac

Hello. I have Apple Music AND iTunes Match. I cannot play songs from Apple Music on my Mac (even those who are in "my music"). The download just dont start. However, I can play Radio stations, and I can access Apple Music from my iPhone. Any idea ? I can play songs from my iTunes libraray but nothing from Apple Music. Title appear but don't play.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:54 AM

10 replies

Jul 17, 2015 8:34 AM in response to brunowajskop

I also have the same issue.

I can play everything that is 'local' in My Music, I can play Apple Music radio stations, but when I search for something on Apple Music and try to play a playlist by streaming it, it just cycles through the playlist and skips the tunes as it would if they were local files which were on a missing location.

Every so often I come across a tune in Apple Music that I can stream, but these are few and far between, and I have tested tunes that I have previously been able to stream via Apple Music and these no longer work.

I too have no issues playing songs via Apple Music on my iPhone.

Hope someone can help

Thanks in advance

edit - I've tried signing out / in to iTunes, rebooting my Mac - nothing working so far

Jul 17, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Adr14n_C

1) Go to iTunes on computer

2) Go to iTunes store and "Sign in"

3) On the right hand side by " Qick Links " under that and click " Account " and sign in again.

4) You will your account information.

5) Go down you'll see " iTunes in iCloud" and click " Hidden Purchase" and go to " Manager" to "Unhidden"

Now you can able download whatever you miss on your purchased history on your iTunes ! Hope that help.

Cannot play Apple Music songs from my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.