Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't order book - store unavailable

Hi,

I'm ready for ordering my book from Photos.

When I click 'Buy book', I get the following message: 'Store not available. The store is being updated at the moment. We are back in a moment.'. (translated from Danish).

It has been showing this message for 2 months now.

Do you have any tips for this?

Best,

Lisbeth

(MacBook Pro, 13", 3 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Yosemite 10.10.4, Photos 1.0.1, Filevault activated)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:25 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 1:06 AM in response to Lisbeth Thomsen

We have seen similar questions during the last month. The "Store not available" message can be misleading. You will see the same message, if antivirus software line "Kaspersky" or Little Snitch, or other firewalls is blocking the connection to the Print Products Store. see the last post in this discussion.

Re: Store not available

I'm to sure, what you already tried to trouble shoot. there are several possible reasons for a failed connection to the store.

• You have set the Print Products Store correctly to Denmark in the Photos Preferences > General?
  • And have you already tried to order the book while being booted in Safe Mode? Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

That will disable non-standard system extensions.

Is your AppleID working at all? Have you tried to buy a free item from the App Store to check?

If you have not done so, check your settings at the AppleStore, to ensure that Express Checkout is enabled:

Try to update the settings for your the Apple Store in your account:

• On this page, in the menu bar at the top, click "Store". Check the URL in the browser to ensure you are connected to the store in Denmark. I find myself continually connected to the US Store, only because my language settings in the System Preferences are set to English,
  • On the page that will open, click your account (in the menu bar, to the right of the head icon)
  • Edit the shipping detail in the account settings and enable express checkout.

User uploaded file

Can't order book - store unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.