Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeated Updates: iMovie, Keynote, Numbers, Pages

Ever since I bought my new iMac I have seen iMovie, Keynote, Numbers, Pages listed under my updates tab. When I click to update I get asked (4) times for my Apple ID which is supposed to record permanently the association between this software and the Apple ID. Except, it does not seem to work. The updates complete and are listed as Updates installed in the last 30 days but the next day the four Apps (iMovie, Keynote, Numbers, Pages) again appear under Updates Available. I go through the whole routine again and they are all listed as Installed (under the new date) in the Updates Installed in the last 30 days.

Pages-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 1:28 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 10:08 AM in response to RFBrost

1. Open a search window by pressing the key combination command-F in the Finder. Select This Mac as the search scope and search for the app(s) in question by name. Delete any outdated copies that you find.

2. If the search results seem to be inaccurate, rebuild the Spotlight index. If you try to search now, there will be an indication that indexing is in progress.

3. Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.appstore

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Quit the application if it's running. Move the selected item to the Trash. Relaunch the application and test.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

4. If the above steps don't resolve the problem, quit each app in question and uninstall it by following the instructions on this page. Alternatively, you can drag it from the Applications folder to the Trash, and empty. The data files you created will be preserved. Verify in Spotlight that there are now no copies of the app on your system. Download it from your Purchases history in the App Store.

Repeated Updates: iMovie, Keynote, Numbers, Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.