Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with a data transfer.

Howdy guys, couldn't find an answer on the web so I thought I'd come to y'all for help.

Not long ago I decided to finally, and begrudgingly, use boot camp on my 2012 MacBook pro so I could play many of the same games all my friends were playing at the time. I've finally come to grips with the fact that my MacBook ,while perfect for taking notes and use in group projects, is simply terrible at running games. As a result I've finally gotten around to building a proper gaming pc but I've run aground on a problem. I'm unsure as to if using Windows Easy Transfer will transfer just the bootcamp-ed windows partition or my entire hard drive. To be clear I'm running both partitions off the same drive and currently have to split to be 50% of each.

I figured I'd come and ask here because while I am transffering to windows using their tools it is from and through an apple product. Thanks in advance for any help

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 2:20 AM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2015 10:28 AM in response to Loner T

TO come completely clean my bootcamped partition is running on a less than legally obtained version of windows 7 and as such have purchased a full version legal version of windows all I'll be needing are the files and setting. My main concern lies in where the transfer will draw the line when it comes to which files seeing as technically both "types" of files live on the same hard drive.

Need help with a data transfer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.