Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reemergence of Battery Time Issue

Hi all;

I have new rMBP 13" 2015. Some time ago I complained that my rMBP does not show more than 6 hours of battery time remaining & battery was draining at the rate by which the charge would last around 4 to 5 hours only. Good people here & on other mac related communities suggested that I reduce my brightness to 60 to 70% (I was using 100% previously). Indeed this helped significantly, & gave me longer battery time of around 12 to 15 hours.

However, as of few days back even with brightness reduced to 60% & backlit reduced to 1 or 2 bars my rMBP battery status bar says I have 8 hours at the best, & the battery drains at a rate by which it could only provide 4 to 5 hours at the best.

I have reset the PRAM & SMC to no avail. Battery condition says its NORMAL. I upgraded to 10.10.4 yesterday to see if it would help, but it didn't.

My usage at the best involves MSWord &/or Safari. Even during browsing I usually don't visit heavy sides like YouTube.

Realistically I know the MBPs batteries last only 4 to 5 hours regardless of what the machine is telling you, but its still good & satisfying knowing that you can extract more time of it.

So any suggestions & fixes?

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 1:34 AM

1 reply

Reemergence of Battery Time Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.