Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Never so frustrated in my life!

I am new to Apple. All my life I've had MS electronics - with very few problems. This week I was gifted a Mini-Ipad and have wasted countless hours trying to get it set up properly. What is the problem - you ask? PASSWORDS! I set a password and the next time I got to sign in it is NOT RECOGNIZED. Then I must change it AGAIN! APPLE, IPAD, ITUNES, ICLOUD - over and over and over!!! I am running out of ideas for creating new passwords. I cannot express my disappointment and frustration strongly enough at this point! Why isn't there just one password for everything that you are allowed to keep and use?

Note: I had to choose an operating system below before posting, but I have no idea what it is, as I've not been able to use it yet. So, since it is new, I just chose what seemed the newest one.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 3:13 AM

5 replies

Jul 5, 2015 4:37 AM in response to janetgodard

there are 1->4 passwords only really

appleID(iCloud) password

passkey this is an optional 4 letter unlock code my ms surface has the same feature

wifi encryption password if your wifi network is protected

and shared itunes lib if you wish to access music on a computer on the networks itunes lib

only the first one is required really

Jul 5, 2015 7:23 AM in response to janetgodard

not saying you're an idiot, but that only 1 password is needed and thats appleID and password password would be case sensitive so Yusoi as password would not login with yusoi

you do seem to experience some problems nobody else (well at least few) experience so you must be doing something different then the rest

or you have hardware defect which cause your system to respond in a different manner then other peoples, because apple seem to be selling millions of devices and most people do have have to keep changing password over and over and over

this site is for forgotten passwords

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Never so frustrated in my life!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.