Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync' message.... "purchased items on the device that are not present in your iTunes libra

On each sync', the following message is displayed..."iTunes has found purchased items on the iPad “The iPad Air” that are not present in your iTunes library. Do you want to transfer these items from this iPad back to your iTunes library?"

I want to find out what the content is so I can make an informed decision - How? OR do I just correct the content in my library in iTunes - wipe the device and start again? ... Really?! Really!

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 3:09 AM

9 replies

Jul 5, 2015 3:21 AM in response to mariotheplumber

The only way to try and see what they are is by copying them over, either on that prompt or by doing File > Devices > Transfer Purchases (you can only transfer all your store downloads that aren't in that iTunes library, you can't pick and choose) - the box at the top middle of your iTunes should tell you what is being copied over, or you can go to the different sections of your iTunes library and sort them by 'date modified' to see what's been added

Aug 31, 2016 4:24 AM in response to mariotheplumber

mariotheplumber wrote:

I want to find out what the content is so I can make an informed decision - How? OR do I just correct the content in my library in iTunes - wipe the device and start again? ... Really?! Really!

Please forgive my ignorance, because I don't understand what the problem is or what informed decision you need to make. I may be missing something in what you are trying to do.

The content on the iPad is content that you downloaded to the device in the first place, so you must have done that because you wanted whatever it was, whether it was a book, an app, music, etc. so why wouldn't you want to transfer that content back into iTunes then you don't have to worry about having to retrieve it from the cloud again.

Jul 5, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Demo

Best to stay quiet then if you don't understand, unless you have advice or a solution.

The content on the device may well (and probably is) an old version of an app that has been superceeded. The current version will always be in my iTtunes library. Why would I want an old, irrelevant copy of something from my iDevice, transferred back to my iTunes library? Previously (let's call it - 'the old days' - you could see what the sync' issues were. Today you just get a cryptic message which is of little value.

Just one example with app's - don't get me started on Music files and the absolute shambles that is!

Thanks for your interest though.

sync' message.... "purchased items on the device that are not present in your iTunes libra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.