Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos App on MacBook Not Syncing Photos via Wifi

Hello Apple Support Communities,

I have always had an outstanding experience with iPhoto on my MacBook and the Photos app on my iPhone and iPad. But recently with the update on my MacBook to the new Photos App, things arent working nearly as smoothly as they once did. Photos taken with iPad and iPhone arent synced to Photos on my MacBook, and photos imported into the Photos App on my MacBook arent synced to my iPad and iPhone. The photos taken with iPad and iPhone are uploaded to iCloud Photos and sync flawlessly between each other, are available on iCloud.com, but do not appear on my Photos app on my MacBook.

I have read every thread I can find to help solve the issue, but I cant find a resolution. In Photos on MacBook, my Preferences are set as "iCloud Photo Library" with "Optimize Mac Storage". With that, it has been "uploading" for about four weeks now. I also have "My Photo Stream" and "iCloud Photo Sharing" checked and enabled. Under the "General" tab, I have "Photos Library 2" as my Library Location which does not allow me to select "Use as System Photo Library". If there's an indication of a problem, this is where I think it might be.

Any help is appreciated - I miss the seamless relationship of my photos between all of my devices.

Equipment:

iPhone 5S - iOS 8.4

iPad Air 2 - iOS 8.4

MacBook Pro Retina, Mid 2012 - OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.3

Thanks !!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iPhone 5S and iPad Air 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 5:00 AM

There are no replies.

Photos App on MacBook Not Syncing Photos via Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.