Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just updated my iPhone to iOS 8.4 and have subsequently lost a number of notes and contacts etc, but since realising my iPhone has completed another backup. How do I restore my iPhone to a backup from a few days ago, not the most recent?

I have just updated my iPhone to iOS 8.4 and have subsequently lost a number of notes and contacts etc, but since realising my iPhone has completed another backup. How do I restore my iPhone to an iCloud backup from a few days ago, not the most recent?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 5:36 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 8:10 AM in response to armckenna

Hi armckenna,

To restore from a different backup, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Then go through the setup again. If you're restoring from an iCloud Backup, it will show all available backups when you sign in to iCloud. Pick the backup you want to restore. If you're restoring from iTunes, click Restore from Backup, and it will show all available backups. Pick the most relevant.

I have just updated my iPhone to iOS 8.4 and have subsequently lost a number of notes and contacts etc, but since realising my iPhone has completed another backup. How do I restore my iPhone to a backup from a few days ago, not the most recent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.