Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access music in iTunes account

Some time ago I set up an iTunes account using an old and now defunct email address. Under that id, I bought some music which I'd like to sync onto my iPhone 5S by authorizing a new computer. However, since setting up the iTunes id, I've changed my ISP and am unable to access my music because I've forgotten the password to the old id. I tried changing the p/w but the link goes to the old email address. I understand that Apple ties purchases to the old id but how do I access music I've paid for if I'm unable to get the link to update the password? Suggestions would be appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:00 AM

Click here and ask the iTunes Store staff for assistance.

(129716)

3 replies

Jul 7, 2015 6:46 AM in response to gandy_dancer

Contacted Apple Support and received the following:

"For a faster resolution of this issue, you need to contact our Account Security Team (AST) via Phone to schedule a call at your preferred time and they will verify the identity of your account and help you right away. To contact an Account Security Advisor, follow the on screen steps provide in the below article:

Contact Apple ID Account Security
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT204169

You also have an option to call them directly by calling the phone number below:"

Phone numbers vary by country so I haven't included it here.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.

Unable to access music in iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.