Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video cannot be played on this iPod

Hi,

I have been buying music videos and transferring them to my iPod classic but ever since the latest iTunes update I have been getting the same error message whenever I try to sync: "Some of the videos in your iTunes library were not copied to the iPod because they cannot be played on this iPod."

This is for videos that were purchased before and after the latest iTunes update. Anyone know how to restore and get passed this so that the music videos can be added to the iPod?

Thanks

iPod classic, iOS 2.x

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 6:33 AM

9 replies

Aug 13, 2015 5:51 AM in response to potosalinas

There appears to be an issue with iTunes 12.2.0.145 and 12.2.1.16 with downloaded videos that should register as purchased or protected rather than as Apple Music. These are being treated with FairPlay Version 2 DRM and cannot be copied to non-iOS devices. One would hope that this is a bug. It might be worth using the report a problem links in your account history to complain that your recent purchases cannot currently be used on your classic as expected. Alternatively you could roll back to iTunes 12.1.2.27 (you will also need to restore an older library database) then redownload the videos from your purchase history. The fresh copies will transfer to your device.

tt2

video cannot be played on this iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.