Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Adobe CS4 suite is not working anymore after upgrading to OS X Yosemite. How can I resolve that issue? Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Good morning!

I have a 2009 MacBook Pro which I just upgraded to OS X Yosemite. Since then, everthing's very slow, and my Adobe CS4 suite is not working anymore. How can I resolve that issue?

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 9:42 AM

That's a common occurrence. Try installing this version of Java from Apple.

7 replies

Jul 7, 2015 6:08 AM in response to FatMac-MacPro

Thanks for your help! I did install Java, and I think it helps with the speed of my computer.

However, Adobe's still not working, and I don't think it's related to Java. When I try to open Adobe Acrobat Pro, it says that it was installed as an element of the suite, and that I need to start another element of the same suite to active Adobe Acrobat (they say to open Photoshop for example). And then when I try to open Photoshop, it says that my licence isn't valid anymore, and that I need to restart my computer. I tried it but the same message keeps showing up. The message also says to contact my admin or Adobe tech support if it still doesn't work after I restarted my computer. The error code is : 150:30.

I upgraded to the latest version OS X Yosemite, and I did it at the Apple store, so I think it was done properly.

Jul 7, 2015 7:18 AM in response to descma

descma wrote:

... And then when I try to open Photoshop, it says that my licence isn't valid anymore, and that I need to restart my computer. I tried it but the same message keeps showing up. The message also says to contact my admin or Adobe tech support if it still doesn't work after I restarted my computer. The error code is : 150:30...

Since a licensing issue is involved, I'd suggest contacting Adobe supportand/or posting your question on Adobe's Community forums. Be sure to mention that error code since you're not the only one with that problem. For example, see this thread. Post #23 appears to offer a solution that worked but is convoluted, and that seems to be because the necessary License Recovery Application will only run on a PowerPC Mac unless you hack into it and run the important component in Terminal.😟

Jul 9, 2015 5:16 PM in response to descma

Activity Monitor - Mavericks also Yosemite

Activity Monitor in Mavericks has significant changes

Performance Guide

Why is my computer slow

Why your Mac runs slower than it should

Slow Mac After Mavericks

Things you can do to resolve slowdowns see post by Kappy

6 Easy Tips to Speed Up OS X Yosemite on Your Mac

Try running this program and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read.

Etrecheck – System Information

My Adobe CS4 suite is not working anymore after upgrading to OS X Yosemite. How can I resolve that issue? Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.