Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ringtones folder is empty.

Hi,

Since I made the last updates of IOS, OS X and iTunes, my ringtones folder is empty and I lost most of them on my iPhone. The files are under the "music" folder. When I check their status they are referenced as "ring tones" with the .m4r format but they won't appear under the "Ring tones" folder and I can't drag them there either.

Thanks for the help.

Lu.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 6:24 AM

4 replies

Jul 8, 2015 6:38 AM in response to Lulu7005

Hello Lu,
Thanks for reaching out to us on the Apple Support Communities. I can understand the frustration with losing your ringtones within iTunes.
From what you have described, it sounds like the Ringtones are on your computer, but just not in iTunes. I would make a copy of them and bring that copy to your Desktop. Once it is there, you should be able to drag and drop the Ringtones on top of iTunes to import them in. Take a look at the first article for some additional ways to import items into iTunes.
Import music and video from a computer into iTunes
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH20507
If you still unable to import, let me know and I can suggest something else that may resolve the issue.
Regards,
-Norm

My ringtones folder is empty.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.