Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My selfie stick doesn't work

WWhy my selfie stick doesn't work

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:01 AM

16 replies

Jan 7, 2017 11:16 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

It has nothing to do with IOS Upgrade. If you go to Settings and simply turn off Bluetooth then go back to camera, you will be able to take the picture with the selfie stick.

The issue here is that when your phone has Bluetooth on and you connect the selfie stick, the iPhone is trying to connect to it by Bluetooth. Turning off Bluetooth disables the function and Yipee! It all works now!

Jul 15, 2015 8:02 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Hmm thats not too helpful.

I've got this issue myself - surely someone knows something.

Standard bluetooth pairing selfie stick, pairs with the apple device but the shutter button on the stick does not cause the camera to take the picture.

Same issue on the iPhones: a 4, a 5s, and a 6. the 5 and 6 are running iOS 8.4.

The very same seflie stick works perfectly with both a samsung s5 and a HTC desire.

So the stick is operational - the issue is with the apple phones.

Jul 17, 2015 8:23 AM in response to soircram

So what troubleshooting have you tried? It is possible with the iOS update that the stick is not recognizing the device any longer. If the device is shown in the Bluetooth list on the phone, remove it. Turn off Bluetooth on the phone After that, put the stick into discovery/pairing mode. Turn on Bluetooth and it should discover and pair. If that does not happen, you may have to reset the phone to clear old settings. Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Try pairing again after that.

Jul 19, 2015 5:15 PM in response to basharfromvictoria

Interesting. Has anyone checked to see if all of the people lodging complaints here are using the same selfie stick? Also, when I asked about troubleshooting, the closest thing to troubleshooting was to Forget the Device, but no one else reported anything. A lot more troubleshooting could be done, and also a comparison of devices. Check with the manufacturer to see if their device supports iOS 8.4 on the iPhone and the latest Bluetooth profile.

Jul 19, 2015 5:16 PM in response to basharfromvictoria

basharfromvictoria wrote:

I found another post on this support forum :

Why does my cable selfie stick stop working after upgrading to iOS8.2?!

It seems it is the iOS newer version is the problem.

That post does not describe anything about the selfie stick except cable, which does not reflect Bluetooth, which could be a completely different issue.

My selfie stick doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.