Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to multiple devices

I have a fourth-gen Airport Extreme which was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when I attempted to extend the network using an old Express. At one point, I accidentally selected the Extreme as the network extender and it went haywire. Since then, I have factory reset it three times, called my ISP, tried every other trick in the book, but it still says it can't get an IP or DNS address and I can't get internet through it on more than one device at a time. For example, my iMac is working perfectly on my wifi but while I can access the Airport Utility on my network via my iPhone, Safari just spins forever and can't load anything. Additionally, my other peripherals can't get internet either -- including my Apple TV, which also connects to the network but cannot connect to Netflix, etc.

is my Extreme busted? HELP!

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (4th Gen)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 5:41 AM

Never mind. I fixed it. I downgraded the firmware several generations, did yet another factory restart, and then upgraded the firmware back to the latest ... and now it's working. Go figure.

2 replies

Jul 5, 2015 8:32 AM in response to mattfromastoria

Hello, I did almost the exact same thing with an old Express just an hour ago but my results are somewhat different. After resetting the Airport Extreme & Creating a New Network & Password I am able to connect wirelessly via my MBP which is what I'm typing this on BUT I can't get any "other" device on my network , (2) iPhones, (2) iPads , all devices see the new network name & when selected prompt for the P/W but when I enter the P/W it goes into connection mode but never actually connects. I know the P/W is correct as I checked it using Airport Utility (there's an edit window that will show your wifi P/W) I did the usual stuff like turning wifi off/on, restarting devices, Forget this Network,,,,,

Any ideas?

thanks

dave

Can't connect to multiple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.