Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem after updating network operator

iPhone 6 Plus iOS 8.4
Yesterday I updated the network operator as iTunes asked me (Vodafone Italy).
Now I can't choose between 2G, 3G and 4G.
I tried with the network settings reset but I always have the problem.
What can I do?
Thank you

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 5:43 AM

I'm going to guess that what you're trying to say is that since you applied a carrier update, ou no longer have a switch to enable and disable 3G. The only switch you now have is to enable or disable LTE.

That's not a 'problem', it's by design. Your carrier has removed the option to disable 3G on your device. It's likely that the reason for doing so is that they are shutting down their 2G network entirely so that they can re-use the bandwidth.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 5:43 AM in response to giulio983

I'm going to guess that what you're trying to say is that since you applied a carrier update, ou no longer have a switch to enable and disable 3G. The only switch you now have is to enable or disable LTE.

That's not a 'problem', it's by design. Your carrier has removed the option to disable 3G on your device. It's likely that the reason for doing so is that they are shutting down their 2G network entirely so that they can re-use the bandwidth.

Problem after updating network operator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.