Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps minimize (or crash) by typing in notes, browsers or any application with a text dialog

After update for IOS 8.4 I've encountered an interesting problem with an Ipad keyboard. When you are typing in web browsers web-in forms or any text, search dialogs, browsers just simply crashes. So when I tried a different Ipad applications with input text dialog, I had the same issue, even a standart notes app crashes or minimizes when I start typing. I tried to reload Ipad but no result. I didn't use any emoji people used and had some issue with crushes when sending emoji. So the problem was a keyboard. I checked another Ipad Mini with IOS 8.4 Installed, and there was any issue like this with crashes. It worked seamlessly. So I compared a settings for a keyboard both on my Ipad (Ipad Air 2) and Ipad Mini, so the settings were all the same. After I started experementing with settings on Ipad Air 2 in General - Keyboard - All Keyboards. So when I turned off Auto-Correction option there, everything started to work properly, no more crashes by typing, every application responded keyboard input perfectly without minimization or crash.
The conclusion - there is a bug in Auto-Correction function of Keyboard.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 6:28 AM

There are no replies.

Apps minimize (or crash) by typing in notes, browsers or any application with a text dialog

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.