Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multi-language detection spelling not working after updating to Yosemite 10.10.3!

So basically I usually write english but very often switch to french or spanish. This was amazingly easy before I update my macbook pro to Yosemite 10.10.3 because whenever I switch to a conversation in another one of these two languages, it detected the language and continued spell checking that language.

Unfortunately, now, even though I went into System preferences -> keyboard -> text and checked the box ''correct spelling automatically'' (spelling: automatic by language), it's still not detecting neither French nor Spanish. I also tried this by unchecking that same box and I see no difference...

Help anyone?

thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:22 AM

3 replies

Multi-language detection spelling not working after updating to Yosemite 10.10.3!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.