Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading a 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4GB 1067 MHZ DDR or buying a 13" Macbook Pro with retina display. My computer is slow, spinning ball in all applications, short battery life etc.

a 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4GB 1067 MHZ DDR 10.7.5 orbuying a 13" Macbook Pro with retina display.

My computer is slow, spinning ball in all applications, short battery life etc.

Any suggestions????

User uploaded file

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), null

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 6:41 AM

3 replies

Jul 5, 2015 12:49 PM in response to jbroshat

well-depending on your model number and the year it was made, the ram could be upgradeable, as well as the hard drive. info for that can be found under the Apple symbol at the top left of your screen under "About this Mac". If it's a very recent MacBook pro, neither is upgradeable. Run Activity Monitor to see if anything is hogging CPU cycles and slowing stuff down. other than that, what these other gentlemen said can help you also

JB

Upgrading a 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4GB 1067 MHZ DDR or buying a 13" Macbook Pro with retina display. My computer is slow, spinning ball in all applications, short battery life etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.