Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-importing doesn't work!

Hi!

I'm using iMovie (10.0.9) on an iMac (late 2013). When I try to import a video file from my Mac to iMovie it works fine. However, if I decide to delete the video file from iMovie and then import the same file again, it doesn't work. The video file doesn't appear on iMovie anymore.

Here's a recording of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-_KGSFyus (my iMovie is in Finnish, not English, but you get the point)

I hope you can find a solution to this annoying problem!

iMovie 10, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 9:01 AM

Try unchecking the box that says "Hide imported clips". (I'm not sure how that looks in Finnish.)

Here's what I think is happening. The method you're using to remove the imported video isn't actually fully removing it from the iMovie library, it's just removing it from that event. Since the file still exists in iMovie, and it looks like you have the "Hide imported clips" option checked, iMovie hides it.

I hope that works. Let me know if it doesn't.

<Links Edited By Host>

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 9:01 AM in response to Ylijumala

Try unchecking the box that says "Hide imported clips". (I'm not sure how that looks in Finnish.)

Here's what I think is happening. The method you're using to remove the imported video isn't actually fully removing it from the iMovie library, it's just removing it from that event. Since the file still exists in iMovie, and it looks like you have the "Hide imported clips" option checked, iMovie hides it.

I hope that works. Let me know if it doesn't.

<Links Edited By Host>

Re-importing doesn't work!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.